What could be better than a Scotch Egg? You might think they are a hassle to make but are in fact very straight forward. They are popular thing to make in a deep fryer so it is a great recipe to kick things off with.
- 5 large eggs
- 12 oz sausage meat
- 1.5 tbsp chopped parsely
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 6 oz plain flour
- 5oz breadcrumbs
- Hard boil the eggs by placing them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are done, remove them to a bowl of cold water to cool down.
- Peel the eggs when they are cool and set aside.
- Mix the sausage meat with the herbs and scallion and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and flatten into ovals about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide at the thickest point.
- Roll the hard boiled eggs in the flour and place each one onto a sausage meat oval.
- Wrap the meat around each egg making sure it is smooth and the eggs are well covered.
- Brush each meat-covered egg in beaten egg.
- Roll each egg in the breadcrumbs to completely cover each one.
- Fire up your deep fryer and get the oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry the Scotch Eggs for about 9 minutes until the meat is cooked and the outside is crisp and golden.
- Serve cold.